Join “StoMp the Mega Quarry” to walk, bike or run and celebrate Ontario’s Prime Farmland and Fresh Water. They are raising awareness and funds to directly support the non profit NDACT in its efforts to preserve precious resources.
All levels of walkers, runners and cyclists are invited! Experience a fun and challenging course featuring rolling hills and beautiful fertile countryside threatened by the proposed massive mega quarry.
The first annual StoMp the Mega Quarry event on Saturday, July 28, 2012. A fundraising event organized by NDACT — North Dufferin Agricultural and Community Taskforce. All of the proceeds will go directly to support the fight for food and water in Ontario, and to prevent the development of the proposed mega quarry in Melancthon.
Last year I helped organize the largest garthering of people in Dufferin Countys history, Foodstock was a huge success and attracted 28,000 people to the farmland adjacent to the proposed mega quarry site. It is clear Ontarians want to support this important cause. StoMp the Mega Quarry will provide them this opportunity.
StoMp the Mega Quarry is a professionally-organized event designed for walkers, runners and cyclists of all ages and levels. The course will take them through the landscape threatened by the mega quarry. It’s a region known as the Hills of Headwaters and features rolling fields, lush forests and pristine waterways. Along the scenic route, participants and spectators will learn more about the mega quarry and the threat it poses to prime farmland, water resources and the surrounding environment.
StoMp the Mega Quarry will also feature a delicious community Beef BBQ and Potato Feast, great prizes and awards, race t-shirts and a sponsorship marketplace. It’s an event for athletes, families and all those who want to connect with a vital and beautiful part of Ontario.
Choose your distance:
- Walkers enjoy and discover the 5K or 10K Course
- Runners choose 5K, 10K. Half (21.1K) and Full Marathon (42.2K)
- Cyclists tour the 10K or Half Marathon (21.1K) Course
Race Kit Pickup & Late Registration:
- Friday, July 27, 2012
8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.
Toronto (location TBD)
- Friday, July 27, 2012
3:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Shelburne (location TBD)
- Saturday, July 28, 2012
6:00 a.m. – 10:30 a.m.
- Each registered participant will receive a free shirt while quantities are available.
- Men’s and Women’s sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
- Youth sizes (for Kids Dash participants): S, M, L
Event Start Times:
- 8:00 a.m. – 25K Bike Tour
- 8:15 a.m. – 10K Bike Tour
- 8:30 a.m. – Marathon
- 9:00 a.m. – Half Marathon
- 9:15 a.m. – Kids Dash
- 10:00 a.m. – 5K Run & 10K Run
- 10:15 a.m. – 5K Walk & 10K Walk
Kids Dash Details:
- Kids Dash Race eligible up to age 10.
Road Surface Details:
- Bike Tour – Road Surface is a combination of hard pack gravel 90% and pavement 10%.
- 5K Walk/Run Surface is combination of hard pack gravel, pavement and trail.
- 10K, Half, Marathon Surface is combination of hard pack gravel and pavement.
Featuring Post Race BBQ and Potato Feast:
- The post race party features all locally grown food including BBQ Meal (with salads) or Baked Potatoes with plenty of toppings and organic green salads.
- Extra BBQ tickets are available for purchase from NDACT. To guarantee BBQ and Potato Feast meals, please purchase in advance.